Sunday, March 29, 2009

Disgusting!



He looks so cute and innocent in his new church outfit, but he is always full of surprises!

Dallin came running at me today while I was sitting down. I grabbed him and lifted him up in the air while rolling onto my back. We were both laughing and then all of sudden throw up landed in my mouth, on my eyes, hair, neck, pretty much everywhere. I started screaming for Zane to take Dallin while spitting the throw up out of my mouth. I ran to the bathroom to rinse out my mouth where I gagged a lot more. Next I ran to the shower.

Zane and Dallin found the whole experience quite funny. Not a drop of throw up was on Dallin and only a little landed on the ground, so Zane's clean up job was nothing! It is funny to the dad because guess who was throwing Dallin in the air and chasing him around the house right after dinner...of course dad. He, though, never gets thrown up on. I asked him when was the last time he experienced any of Dallin's bodily fluids, and his answer was not since Dallin's throwing up stage at 1 month old! We have had a lot of experience with throw up, but throwing up formula from a 1 month old is very different from throwing up real food from a 1 year old. I on the other hand have experienced all sorts of bodily fluid from Dallin. The joys of being the mom.

I couldn't be mad at Dallin too long though because after my shower he comes running around the corner with his hands outstretched to give me a big, wet, slobbery lick (kiss for him.) Now who wouldn't love that!

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

See...you wanted to hyperventilate, didn't you? You win the "gross" prize! Samuel's shock and awe didn't get into my mouth (fortunately!!!)

He will love this story when he is a scout!!

Brigette Little said...

It's amazing the gross things you can handle as a mom...but that one would cross any mom's line of tolerance! I agree with Sylvia - you win the prize! And just think... all of the "normal" gross things will never seem that bad again.

Steve and Jen said...

Very Nasty!
But your flowers are sure looking lovely!

Jared and Kari said...

You already told me this story, but I'm still gagging. Ew.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

So I know it was disgusting and awful for you, but I sure had a good laugh reading about it!! Kids, ahh!!

Lesley said...

That. Is. The. Grossest. Thing. Ever. Ewww.

Thankfully toddlers can be as charming as they are gross, huh?

Brandon and Jenn said...

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help myself. BTW, if it makes you feel better, Ruby peed on me yesterday. Lesson learned: don't take a baby's diaper off in her room and walk her to the bath tub. Take the diaper off as close to the tub as possible.