Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spoiled

I got these pictures emailed to me, and I wanted to do a quick blog about them.

Dallin has never been much of a cuddler. The only time I get to cuddle with him is when I feed him a bottle. Dallin will stay on my lap while I feed him for a couple of minutes and then when he is done, he immediately starts to squirm down to start playing again. This is why I never had Dallin hold his own bottle and feed himself. He could care less about bottles and would chuck them across the room so that he could continue to play. I enjoy those couple of minutes a day when I get to hold and cuddle with my baby. When Carolee was here, I realized how ridiculous it may look to other people. Here is this big boy who looks half the size of Carolee being fed a bottle.

Now that Dallin is one, we have stopped bottles and use sippy cups. When you hold out a sippy cup to Dallin, he will first open his mouth and wait for you to put it in. When I don't do this, he will finally put up his hands to hold it himself. It cracks me up. Dallin can feed himself just fine, but about three times a day I still feed him just like I did with a bottle but now it is a sippy cup. I just can't give up my cuddling time. I know, he is spoiled.

I know a little about being the best aunt because I was the favorite aunt for many years. The rules are simple. The favorite aunt plays, jumps, wrestles, and buys gifts for the nieces and nephews. When there is a diaper change though, the baby goes back to his mom. Those are not part of an aunt's duties. Well, Melissa does everything right in order to be a favorite aunt and she cleans up throw up!!! Dallin threw up all over his crib and while Zane and I were in the bathroom cleaning Dallin up, Melissa cleaned up his bed sheets and started the laundry. This was above and beyond duties! Now I am the one being spoiled.

Dallin and Melissa
Thanks for all the help and a great trip guys!

3 comments:

Brigette Little said...

Just keep feeding him that sippy cup - I wouldn't give up the cuddle time either!

Steve and Jen said...

What?!? No post about your b-day?

Matt and Haley said...

He's spoiled because he's just so dang cute! ...Lots of family to love on him.