Monday, March 16, 2009

Birthday

As Jenny has hinted many times, my birthday was last Wednesday. It was also my first Enrichment since I received my new calling as a counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. Now you might think that was bad luck to have to do Enrichment on your birthday, but that wasn't the case. Part of our theme was a birthday party for Enrichment so I didn't look too weird when my sister in law, Kari, gave me a birthday balloon to tie to my chair. So although I spent the day setting up for the night, buying food, and then getting ready, I had a great day because everyone knew it was my birthday. I got a lot of attention, and really, isn't that why we like birthdays...to have a special day just for us???

The really great part of the day also happened because of Enrichment. I told Zane he had to be home by 5:30 from work so that I could get to the church which meant he had to work from the Woodlands instead of going downtown. I love when Zane is in the Woodlands because we get together for lunch! We had a fun lunch with Dallin at Red Robin in between all my running around. Dallin also gave me a gift, sleeping in until 8:00. That felt wonderful!!!

By the end of the day, my whole family had called to wish me happy birthday except my dad. On Sunday March 8th, my mom and I were talking about shopping for my birthday (I love shopping, but it really is more fun without Dallin!) and my dad interrupts and asks if he missed my birthday. I told him not to worry that it wasn't until Wednesday. Well, Wednesday came and went and I finally got a call from him on Thursday. It really is hard for him to remember dates!

Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes.

4 comments:

Matt and Haley said...

Ha ha ha. There are a lot of birthdays for him to remember...it can be tricky.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday!! You did a great job with Enrichment, too, by the way. I think you fit perfectly with that calling. You are great!

Steve and Jen said...

Well so glad you were remembered so many times! :-) For your BURT-DAY! and glad that the RS b-day went well!
I like your header pic. You have such a cute family!

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad Enrichment was a success! Thanks for doing all the shopping and running around. Now for our next one....