Friday, June 17, 2011

A Special Visit

When we picked up Gavin in Florida a year ago, (can you believe this boy is almost one!!!) we talked with his birth family about visiting them a year later. A couple of weeks ago, we made the trek out to Tennessee (Tracy moved out to Tennessee a few months ago where her mom and daughter live) for a vacation. We had a great time spending time with Gavin's birth family.

Tracy: G's birthmom
I loved the picture of Gavin looking at Tracy. I think he sensed something familiar about her.



Gavin's half sister Julia: He loved all the stuff animals she pulled out for him


Mimi (Joyce) and Gavin: his birth grandma


Dallin loved playing with Julia's dog Scooby


Saying good bye to Mimi, Tracy, and Julia
I loved how Gavn's birth family made Dallin feel special and part of the family too.


My only disappointment with the trip was Gavin's crankiness. I think between limited naps (and maybe spending two days driving in a car), teething, and unfamiliar environment, Gavin changed from a little angel who is happiest when he is on the move, to a mommy's and daddy's boy. I really wanted Tracy to be able to feed him, but Gavin decided he didn't want to drink his bottles (Gavin has always been a finicky eater.) Next time I'm sure he will be happier since he will be older. Beside Gavin's occasional crankiness, we had a wonderful time and I'm glad we were able to visit.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

So glad your visit went well!
Ours was a bust. (That is why we went to CA) It's a long story...I will have to email you.
Sad for our situation, but so happy for you!!
I'll send you the email now.

brandif10 said...

You guys are amazing! What a fun experience for all of you!