Saturday, June 4, 2011

Memorial Day

Monday morning we headed out early to go pick blueberries ...


And then went swimming to cool off.




A good friend's son died suddenly the Saturday before Memorial Day. Naturally their family was on our mind all weekend. Normally on a long weekend we do something fun and then spend the weekend catching up on our to do lists. There were plenty of things to do around the house, but we just didn't feel like doing them. Instead, I wanted to just hold my family close being so grateful for these two little boys in our lives. There was a moment in the pool while playing crocodile and hippo (the game involves lots of dunking and being thrown in the air that even Gavin got into) that I had to pause and wipe my eyes because I was so over whelmed with feelings of love for my little family and so very thankful for them. I think my friends would approve. We celebrated their son's life by spending time together as a family and holding each other close. After all, there family was extremely close and loved playing together. Dallin informed us on the way home from the pool that he had tons of fun and that mommy, daddy, and Gavin were his best friends.

1 comment:

brandif10 said...

That's exactly how we felt. You put it perfectly!