Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Pirates Life For Me


What a fun Halloween! Last year Dallin was too young to understand. This year, he got it! Zane and I decided last minute to throw together pirate costumes to match Dallin. Friday night was our church carnival. Dallin got to stay up later and eat some candy, which meant he was pretty hyper. By the end of the night we were exhausted from running after him. Dallin tried to play a couple of games, but he found it easier just to take a piece of candy instead of working for it...tricky pirate. Every time he would dash off without me, I would find him with a new treat. I think he just smiles at people and they give him what he wants. Amazing powers of persuasion.

Dallin wanted his face painted. He held still while the girl painted the spider's body, but then he was done. He walked around with a big black spot on his face.
On Saturday we went to a friend's party for dinner and activities before heading out trick or treating. Here is Zane and Dallin in their matching costumes.



Dallin loved trick or treating. At first he would knock on the door and then run back to me. After a few doors though, you could see his mind finally getting it. Knock on the door, get free candy, say thank you...HEAVEN!!! Dallin went out trick or treating with his cousins Drew and Caleb. Zane pulled an empty wagon all night until right at the end when Caleb and Dallin climbed on in weary from all the hard work. Their bags were getting pretty heavy but neither one would let mommies hold it for them.

I think this is Dallin's favorite holiday...well until Santa comes.

6 comments:

Brigette Little said...

So cute! For the record, if it were me, I would give him candy for nothing, too. He's too adorable.

Sylvia said...

I must agree with Brigette. I, myself, have fallen under his spell many times and find it very easy to give him anything he wants. And I'm afraid in that little pirate costume, I'm even weaker.

He is such a wonderful boy! {And you and Zane make fabulous pirates yourself!}

Mike said...

Creative costumes! Halloween sure is exciting and fun to see al the kids in there costumes!

Shels said...

How fun-love the family pirate theme! Dallin is getting big and so stinking cute!

Steve and Jen said...

Fun pix! He is so cute, he deserves candy whenever! Just like the rest of us - EH?

tblattman said...

I kept checking to see if you posted Dallin's costume. TOO CUTE!!! Can't wait to see next year's.