Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Liliane's First Day Home

The boy's are enamored.  I don't get to hold Liliane except during feedings and while I'm feeding, they are right there begging to hold her.  

 We can't leave Lily on the floor because Gavin will zoom in to point out her eye, ears etc.  Both boys like to pull off her hat to show off her hair.  They can't understand how hats keep her warm.


If you know Dallin, then it doesn't shock you that he loves to hold babies.  He was the same way with Gavin.  What does shock me is that he can hold her for 30 minutes or longer and loves doing it.  The problem though is that she weighs nothing.  She came home weighing 4 lbs 4 oz (gaining her birth weight back plus an ounce.)  So Dallin can lift her up very easily so we have talks about when he can hold her and how. He is very good with her. He watched the "Happiest Baby" movie with me talking about the five S's to sooth a baby.  He likes to make the "shhhh" sound to calm her down.

 
Liliane got a bath on her first day home.  She didn't like it at first, but then calmed down.

 I forgot to get a picture of Lily in the carseat. It is ridiculous how small she is in it.  The nurses all said to use newborn diapers because preemie diapers don't work well.  I'm surprised these work because of how big they are on her!

On a funny note, when we got home from the hospital, we brought Lily in and put her carseat on the counter and Gavin followed.  Both Zane and I then went out to unload all the gifts the hospital gave us and a sleepy Dallin.  Gavin meanwhile turned the lock on the door leading to the garage where we were coming in.  We were surprised to be locked out with the 2 year old and 12 day old baby alone in the house together.  Zane started banging on the door telling Gavin to turn the lock again while I went around back looking through the glass door to get Gavin's attention.  Gavin meanwhile played with the vacuum and a snowman decoration.  We got a hold of my brother-in-law who told us there is no spare key and that he was a half hour away.  We didn't want to bring him home (although I'm sure he would have come saved us) so we tried again to get Gavin to open the door.  My brother-in-law then told us how to break in and we now carry a spare key. 

We have a problem with locks.  We had another problem with our babysitter and the boys being accidentally locked in Gavin's room once.  We paid that babysitter extra that night.

4 comments:

Jared and Kari said...

I LOVE how sweet Dallin is with Liliane! Such cute pictures! I can't wait to hold her!

Kristin said...

She's so tiny! So excited for you!

Shels said...

What a gem. It looks like she will be showered in LOVE!!!

Kimberly said...

She is so tiny!!! I LOVE her name!! Congrats! I am so happy for y'all!!!!!!!!!!!