Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vacationing at Lake Travis

Every year we do a Shurtliff family vacation with my parents and all my siblings (of course we bring the in laws along too since they are the fun ones.) This year my dad rented two condos at Lake Travis in Austin. One condo held the three siblings who have kids, and the other one had my parents and my brother and sister who were in town from college. I think my younger brother and sister were grateful they were with my parents because no matter what time we went to bed (midnight or one a.m.), we still had a wake up call at 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. whenever one of the kids woke up. No matter how hard you tried to keep your early riser quiet, when one kid woke up, the whole house was awake.

Besides the lack of sleep, we enjoyed talking, playing games, golfing, boating, swimming, Ultimate Frisbee in the pool, and eating lots of yummy food. Amazing enough, we all still like each other after spending a week in close quarters together! This is our last big get together before my sister leaves for her mission, and it was a perfect way to make lots of memories before sending her off. Vacations are hard because it takes so much work before and afterwards, but the memories make it all worth it.

Thanks mom and dad for putting this together. We had a great time.

Here are some of the highlights.

4 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

Yea for Zane! You are awesome with obtaining your goal! And... such cute pictures of you all at Lake Travis! Looks like a lot of fun! I love boating! I miss going more! miss you guys too!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Looks like so much fun!! Gotta love the family vacations!!

Unknown said...

Next year we should try leaving the in-laws home to compare which way is better...j/k

Mike said...

looks like you had a blast. Yes those good memories. I love your family, they know how to have fun! You ALL GOT A GOOD TAN. dALLIN LOOKS LIKE HE HAD A GOOD TIME.