Friday, May 15, 2009

Finished!

I have been getting behind in blogging lately and in reading other people's blogs because I spend every spare minute during Dallin's naps on our adoption profile that will be published on the It's About Love website. Yesterday I finally finished it! The hardest part was writing a letter to birth parents telling them about our family. Every time Zane and I sat down to write it, we struggled to find the right words and realized we aren't funny when we are tired. Yesterday afternoon I put the final touches on our letter, had Zane re-read it during his lunch break, and then got ready to upload it to the website. I then spent another hour working on the letter because I forgot to put in the html codes, and I discovered a short sentence in the instructions that said the letter can be no longer then 6000 characters including spaces. Our letter was 7000 plus. I think I started screaming then and went through the letter that I thought was pretty good and cut 1000 characters. It really is more than you think. Ahhhhh! The good news is now it is all uploaded. Once LDS Family Services approves it, then we will post a link so that everyone can go see our profile!

On a different note, we are letting birth parents check out our blog, so we are rearranging it to make it more user friendly.

1 comment:

Matt and Haley said...

Yay!!! So glad you finished.