Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm a little slow in writing my gratitude blog...better late than never. We spent Thanksgiving at my mom and dad's. My grandparents are in town from Utah and joined us. I love when they come visit because distance influences how often I see them. My house is full of my grandparents' talents...my grandpa's amazing artwork (he has done pencil sketches of Zane and I and now one of Dallin plus the paintings I have of his) and my grandma's knitting and crocheting projects are everywhere from kitchen washcloths, to coasters and doilies, and to the many afghans. My Christmas tree is covered with ornaments that she made me and the tree skirt that she knitted. She told me once that she learned her craft by sitting at her grandma's knees being taught by her. I then told her it was her fault that I didn't learn these crafts because she didn't force me to sit at her knees and listen. Really though, I wish I had taken more opportunities to learn from someone who is so talented. So I am grateful that I have both sets of grandparents still alive who have taught and still teach me wonderful things. I know I am very lucky.

Zane and I also went to the temple on Thanksgiving weekend. As I sat in the Celestial Room, my heart was so full of thanks for my wonderful little family. I have a wonderful, very supportive and loving husband who always tries to serve the Lord and serve his family. He is so busy with his work and church calling, but he never complains. He still comes home after a long day ready to help and play with us. He makes it possible for me to be a stay at home mom although I think he wished I worked so that he could stay home and play with Dallin all day. Who wouldn't??? There isn't much I can say about Dallin that hasn't already been said. He is the light of our lives brightening up everyday with his smiles and hugs. Life can't get any better than this.

Of course I have to add that I'm grateful for my Savior and dare I say, trials. I'm grateful for the miracles that have taken place in our lives and how we have drawn closer together as a couple with our Savior because of our trials. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It blesses our lives everyday.

Anyway, Thanksgiving was great...great food, family, games etc. Zane's a little sore from playing in his football game, but he will survive.

This was Dallin after taking a bite of potatoes and turkey. We didn't catch the best looks on camera where he spits everything out or gags. Needless to say, he didn't like Thanksgiving dinner, but he loved the green beans. We were surprised because Dallin loves all foods and isn't picky, but mashed potatoes are not his favorite right now.

No comments: