Saturday, February 11, 2012

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

I am sadly lacking in Valentine decorations, so while Zane worked today, the boys helped decorate.  After firmly setting down the no licking your hands rule for Gavin, we got started with finger painting hearts.  I had to keep cutting out more and more because they loved it.  Dallin isn't really into crafts.  At preschool, the craft time last 5 to 10 minutes (and 10 minutes is pushing it).  I hear a lot of, "Am I done yet?" especially if there is a lot of coloring or painting.  Finger painting is different though.  The boys lasted 20 minutes.

They weren't into making a design, mostly mixing colors and seeing how messy they could get their hands.



 I forgot to establish the no rubbing paint up and down your arms rule.

We also folded the hearts to squish the paint and see what new symmetric design we could make.

We also worked on some crafts I had left over from preschool.  These involved glitter glue which was a lot of fun for Dallin.  Gavin mostly just watched us and made a mess on the table.

Much more festive right?

I made my Valentine breakfast this morning just because we had more time to eat as a family.  I did the Double Chocolate Waffles with Berry Sauce and our family has come to the conclusion that we are not double chocolate people.  These were good but too chocolatey for our family.  Next time I won't add the chocolate chips or put a lot less in.  The berry sauce was really good and I think I will start putting that on our go to pancakes instead of syrup from now on.  (By the way, I love, love these pancakes especially with blueberries.  My boys love them and I know they are getting whole wheat and oatmeal for breakfast.  These pancakes keep me full until lunch and they are so easy to whip up in the morning since you already have the dry ingredients mixed up.  Try them out!)  More Valentine's fun to come!