Saturday, February 4, 2012

Annual Aquarium Trip

Once a year the home preschools takes a trip to the downtown aquarium.  We get a steal of a deal and invite our friends and neighbors to join us.  This year I was in charge of organizing and collecting the money for the trip.  We had 240 people come!  It took some time to organize, but it was all worth it because we love...

the shark train (Dallin is growling like a shark)

and the carousal and ferris wheel.

The aquarium is great too and the white tiger at the end is always popular (I'm not sure how a white tiger fits in at an aquarium).   A friend took Dallin through the aquarium while I passed out the tickets and I could never convince him to leave the rides to do it again with me until I told him it was time to leave.  By then though Gavin was done, so I missed the aquarium.

Dallin didn't like this ride as much.

 In fact, after this above ride, I think he was embarrassed or felt a little sick and so saw a friend going down to the other rides and ran after him.  By the time I grabbed Gavin to follow him, I couldn't find him.  I started panicking and running around calling for him.  After 5 minutes of looking, my friend found me with Dallin.  A man found Dallin wandering around and took him to a worker saying, "He is looking for Noble."  My friend then saw Dallin and told the worker she would take him to me.  I'm glad it all turned out ok, but it was pretty scary.  We have since had more talks about staying with mom and what to do if we get separated.  We have these talks all the time, but Dallin gets distracted so easily and forgets everything I teach him! 

By the way, asking for Noble wasn't going to help Dallin.  Noble is his 3 year old friend.

Despite not having a nap, Gavin was happy all day walking around and socializing with everyone.  One aquarium worker came up to talk to us and tell us Gavin is so cute that he could kidnap him (he said this in a very joking way.)  I thought it was an extremely weird and didn't find it funny at all.  Believe me, I didn't let Gavin out of my sight!

What a fun field trip!

1 comment:

Jared and Kari said...

Hold on to your boys! They're too cute--I just might kidnap them! ;) Just jokes.