Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This Mother's Day I took many mental pictures but failed to take out my camera for some real pictures. I'm a little bummed not to catch all the fun moments.

The one and only picture from Mother's Day: First thing in the morning opening presents and wearing PJs still. Both boys are looking at the camera though and smiling! Aren't they cute???

Mother's Day started first with celebrating it at preschool. We had our students make lunch for their moms, sing some songs for them and present a flower craft. The moms got to enjoy eating a real lunch and talking to women instead of fighting kids to eat. It was a lot of fun preparing the lunch with the kids.

Saturday night Dallin walked into the house carrying roses for me that he picked out while at the store with Zane. He looked so sweet holding out roses for me and he reminded me all weekend to look at my flowers.

Sunday morning we had a nice breakfast that Dallin and Zane made. Zane was really sweet because I wanted to try a new breakfast casserole that you have to make the night before so Saturday night he and Dallin were making breakfast. I'm sure it was the last thing he wanted to do. We were also hosting our extended family's dinner and Family Home Evening Sunday night, so that meant more work on our part making our house presentable and making dinner. Zane insisted on doing most of it to give me a break. He was great and the boys made my day special. I'm not sure my mom got much of a break. While we had our FHE lesson, my mom kept the grandkids in Dallin's room teaching them a lesson so we could have an adult discussion. She survived somehow but she is a pro!

It was a great day with my boys. Mother's Day always has me reflecting even more on their wonderful birthmoms. Without these amazing women, I wouldn't be a mom. How grateful I am to them.

No comments: