Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just the Boys and Me (trying not to miss daddy)

This post is really just about me taking my boys to the zoo. The pictures aren't great although my boys are stinkin cute. The real reason for this post is to document me taking the boys to the zoo by myself on a Saturday.

I recently bought a zoo membership. As I was laying in bed Saturday morning with boys jumping around me not letting me sleep, I kept thinking what we could do for fun because Zane had to work. I enjoy being a stay at home mom. It is a difficult job, but I wouldn't trade it for any other. I don't enjoy being a stay at home mom on Saturday too. I get moody, frustrated and no one likes to be around me. So, I decided Saturday morning to pack a picnic lunch and drive 45 minutes to the zoo. I had a few reservations the biggest being Dallin doesn't always stay by me, so there is the constant keeping an eye on the stroller with Gavin and keeping up with Dallin. In a crowded place, it can get difficult.

The trip was a success besides it being an extremely busy day at the zoo and finding parking was a pain. Dallin stayed by me the whole time and Gavin ate and took a nap when he needed to. We enjoyed a nice outing (we only stayed a few hours and avoided the kids play area) and Dallin told me later that night that mommy was his best friend as I told him story after story about the white alligator from the zoo.

Dallin in the reptile building. This was his favorite place. We saw it three times.

Taking a break to cool off

Gavin eating his cheerios. Whenever we go out, we will have multiple people commenting on how cute Gavin is. At the zoo, three different women walked by and made a comment saying something like, "Look at that cute baby. He is eating cheerios!" I just laughed because all babies eat cheerios but I guess Gavin eating cheerios is extra cute.

Posing for me

Getting ready to take his nap
On the way home, I discovered something about Gavin (meaning he cried for most of the drive home which is where having a second adult in the car would have really helped). He hates to be in a stroller for a few hours then go straight into the car seat with out having a chance to crawl around. Our baby who was so content to lay there watching the world around him for so long is now not content unless he is on the move!

Our trip was a success and I'm sure Zane enjoyed coming home from work to a happy but tired wife instead of a grumpy wife.

No comments: