Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Brother

Dallin has been praying for a baby brother or sister for a long time now. There are no complaints from him. He is very excited about his brother and wouldn't trade him for any other.

We had just put Gavin into his car seat in the hospital parking lot. Dallin looked at him and said, "My brother?" then reached over over and grabbed his hand. Just look at his face. He is so excited to have a brother.


Dallin really likes helping with anything to do with Gavin. This is the first time he helped with a feeding. He isn't always interested in feeding Gavin, but every once in awhile he will ask to help.

Isn't this cute?

This picture was taken while Dallin was watching a tv show. He looked over at his dad and asked if he could hold Gavin. He held him for at least 10 minutes which we thought was amazing because Dallin doesn't hold still that long.

This isn't a fantastic picture because my hands got in the way and Gavin is not happy, but Dallin was a great helper bathing Gavin. He had his own rag and tried hard to make Gavin happy.

Dallin likes turning on Gavin's bouncer music and the vibrator. We sometimes even catch him dancing to it. I didn't grab the camera in time, but right before this shot, I caught Dallin just sitting and staring at Gavin. I'm excited to see this relationship progress!

6 comments:

Brandon and Jenn said...

Arianne, I'm soooo excited for you guys! What an exciting few weeks you've had! I love that Dallin is so excited to have a baby brother. I hope Ruby is just as sweet on the idea when it's her turn to have a sibling.

Jared and Kari said...

SO adorable! One of my most favorite things is witnessing the love between siblings. Gavin is blessed to have such a loving big brother!

Matt and Haley said...

That's so fun that you were able to capture the excitement and love in Dallin's face in regards to Gavin in so many pictures. So precious. I agree with Kari that it is so fun to see the love between siblings. Just recently Caleb has started saying "I love him" to his baby brother. It's so adorable how Caleb says it, and it just melts my heart.

Julia said...

Oh my goodness! He's adorable and I am just so happy for you guys! I hope everything is just fantastic for you guys!

simple mom/wife said...

That smile on Dallin's face is priceless, and when they're both looking in eachothers eyes . . .oh my goodness, I'm crying! Their spirits have got to know they were meant to be together!! What adorable brothers.

Steve and Jen said...

Such sweet pics! Love it!