Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July

As we were leaving to pick up Gavin, I had a lot of mixed feelings. We would be missing out on our family vacation. My little brother and new sister-in-law were coming into town. Because Kari, other sister-in-law, was 8 months pregnant and my sister Haley had a newborn (although he doesn't look that young in the picture below because he is nice and chunky), my parents rented a lake house about 30 minutes away from our home. On the plus side, Zane had already scheduled vacation time, so he was free to leave without worrying about work. Because the courts let us leave so soon (which again was a miracle), we made it home in time to see Clayton and his wife Kara. We couldn't plan it better even if we actually got to plan our lives.

My family excluding my little sister Lindsey who is on a mission for our church.

Dallin with his best buddies. He sure missed them. He and Caleb couldn't stop hugging each other.

Grandma and Grandpa meeting Gavin

My niece Sam was in heaven...two babies to hold.

We had lots of help with the feedings and Gavin had tons of people to love on him.

We spent Saturday and Sunday at the lake house. On Saturday everyone rode the wave runners. I stayed behind to be with Gavin. Dallin rode for a little then got scared and just played in the lake.

This is Zane and Matt. Matt's whole goal was to throw Zane off.

It worked multiple times.

Bad picture, but this is Zane by himself
On Sunday we enjoyed watching a fireworks show while sitting on the deck and looking across the lake. What wonderful seats!
We are so glad that timing worked out and we were able to introduce Gavin to our family. We have had so many blessings these last couple of weeks.

2 comments:

simple mom/wife said...

I was concerned for you too! I knew all your family was together and it couldn't have worked out any better. I get the chills when I think of your week! What a precious little Gavin!!!

Emilee said...

How perfect that you made it back in time to be with your whole family! I love the group shot! And I'm just thrilled about the addition of that sweet baby!