Monday, February 1, 2010

Mothers of Boys

Anyone who is a mother of boys has experienced the following traits of their boys: energy, aggressiveness, jumping, running, and the need to get dirty! Along with those traits, Dallin is mischievous. Everything is a game, and he is always trying to see how far he can go at something before we stop him. For example, while Zane was distracted in the hallway at church, Dallin seized that moment to pull his hand away, reenter the worship service in the very back and make it to the stand where the speakers were at a full sprint with his dad chasing after him. Quite a picture. The only reason he lost the race was the unfortunate trip which gave Zane time to get him. If it weren't for the fall, he had Zane beaten.
Mothers of boys will also agree that the best moments are when they stop the running and jumping to be sweet. I love the hugs and kisses (the hugs come with so much force that they can knock you down) and I especially love when Dallin is sweet towards others. Dallin's cousin Samantha is six months younger than him. That six months though is huge between them. Within this last month, I think Dallin realized that Sam was a real person and not a baby. Before, if he was playing chase with his boy cousins and she was in the way, she would get toppled over like she was invisible. Now though, they are friends. Sam does this scoot on the ground and Dallin will sit down next to her and scoot with her. He gives her hugs and kisses and they play with toys together. Ahh, how it warms my heart! I decided I can handle the energy and jumping if I get some of those sweet moments in between.



3 comments:

Brigette Little said...

So true! When Cameron was about Dallin's age, I remember sitting down on the floor to cry one day because I was so exhausted from trying to keep him out of trouble/danger. He ran off then, and I was getting ready to get up and go see what he was getting into next. He returned with a baby wipe and began to wipe my tears away. They do the sweetest things when you least expect it!

Matt and Haley said...

Cute background! I would have loved to have seen "the chase" at church.

Jared and Kari said...

I'm so glad they're friends now!