Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fantastic

My parents and Zane and I bought a four-show season ticket package from TUTS. Miss Saigon is our second show to see. Can I just say I loved it!!! It was heart-wrenching, and I bawled through so many different songs. The show brings in many different hard-to-deal-with themes such as the half-Vietnamese babies left behind in Vietnam whose dads are American soldiers. Kim, the main character, sings a song about doing anything for her son including dying. This song foreshadows the ending when she chooses to give her two-year-old son to his father and his wife to take back to America. I was bawling during this part (I cried through a lot of it.). She is a birth mom trying to give her son a better life! It is a very tragic story with beautiful music. I can't wait for our next show!

(As a side note, I did not enjoy the adult language and risque scenes. They could have left those out.)

2 comments:

Matt and Haley said...

Wish I could have gone! I can't wait to listen to the music.

Jared and Kari said...

You just ruined the plot for me!!! Just jokes...I already knew what happened.