Monday, February 23, 2009

1st Birthday

Dallin turned one on February 19th, but we had his birthday party on the 21st. We were worried that Dallin wouldn't enjoy his party because when he woke up from his nap, he threw up everywhere. You could tell he wasn't feeling well all afternoon, but when the cousins showed up for the party, he started following them around everywhere and showing off his walking skills. He refused to give up paci though. He didn't eat much dinner, but he did enjoy his cake! We just had a family party since my family has enough people to fill up my house plus Carolee and Melissa, Zane's foster and mom and foster sister, flew to Houston to celebrate with us (aren't we spoiled?!) Here is some of the highlights. (By the way, we are still having technical difficulties downloading our videos to our computer so I'm giving you tons of snap shots to really experience it all.)

The cake: I found this cute design on the Internet and it was simple. It was a group effort to frost the cake because Dallin got sick while we were working on it. Carolee, Melissa, Zane and I all worked on part of it.


Hmm, what's all this?

Oh look, something more interesting!


This is a hard one. I need everyone's help.

Forget about the rest of the gifts. Look at this new toy!
Aunt Kari looks like she needs a hug. I better stop opening gifts and go give her one.


Who cares about this shirt. Let me go play with my toys! Sorry Caleb, I think I might have just kicked you. Why don't you help me get away?

No, I don't think I want to wear a hat.


Is this all for me?

This looks and feels interesting.

But it taste good.

I better not waste any of this good stuff and get every last bit off my hand.

More please!

Mmm, now that was delicious! What a great party.

10 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday, Dallin!

That is an adorable cake! I love the banner flags on his high chair, too! Sounds like a great afternoon. (Minus the puking, of course).

brandif10 said...

what a cute cake! He does look like he enjoyed it even though he was sick. I can't believe it's been a year already.

Melissa Turner said...

Wow, the cake is awesome. Sounds like everyone had a great great time

Sylvia said...

My favorite picture is Dallin in his high chair, with his hat, and bib with the #1, with his decked out tray and his cake...baby nirvana!

I hope he kept that down. The cake was adorable and it looks like everyone had a smashing good time!!

Yay! For Dallin. One is a big deal!!

Kim said...

I can't believe how fast that year went by! Great job on the cake!

Steve and Jen said...

Wow, it always amazes me how fast time flies!
I'm so glad I got to give him a hug and kiss and see him walk when I was there. Such a cute cake! You are an awesome mom!

Christina said...

Hi Ariane! It's Christina Rains from freshman year! I found your blog through Suzanna's and it's been so fun to look at it!

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! I can't believe he is already one! The cake turned out great, very cute!

Jared and Kari said...

I so needed that hug! Dallin's hugs are the best!

Love,
Auntie Kari

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

So cute!! I know you say the cake was easy, but it sure looks like it was done by professionals - good job!! Dallin looks like he sure had a great time - good memories for everyone!!