Sunday, February 15, 2009

I miss my daddy!


I need to start this post by saying we are very grateful for Zane's job. It is a great place to work and allows me to be a stay at home mom. That being said, busy season is very hard on a family. Today Zane is working his 14th day straight with no days off. He pulls in 80 hours a week and carries a lot of stress on his shoulders. Unlike taxes, his busy season as an auditor will end in the middle of March. Only a few more weeks to go!

Busy season has always been part of our lives and we manage it just fine, but this year it is all different because of Dallin. Dallin sees Zane for about 20 minutes in the morning before Zane leaves for work. During those 20 minutes, Dallin does not want to see me! He is daddy's boy right now. Zane has figured out a way to shave, dress, and get ready for work all while holding Dallin. If he puts Dallin down, there is screaming! He watches Zane leave and waves, or tries to, goodbye to him until he can't see him any more.

Zane comes home at a descent time on the weekend (6:00), and Dallin loves to play and wrestle with him. He can't get enough of him. I always think I'm a fun mom, but there is something special about a boy playing with his dad. He is just more fun! We are counting down the days sweetie when we get you all to ourselves again!

7 comments:

Lesley said...

I love your great attitude about it. And how adorable that Dallin gets to be a part of Zane's gettin' ready routine!

Steve and Jen said...

Yea for March! For your birthday and seeing Zane more! It was fun to see you last weekend!

Matt and Haley said...

Not having Daddy around would be so tough, both on baby and you!

Jared and Kari said...

We feel your pain, though your pain seems to be worse this year than ours. It's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over...

Kim said...

Ariane! It's Kim Skinner. I got your information from Haley. I'm glad I found your blog and could catch up on what's going on with you. Congratulations on adopting Dallin!

Email me at kim.christensen@hotmail.com so we can catch up.

Love and miss you!

Suzanna H. said...

Ha Ha! Ariane! Just another freshman roomate saying I love you and it has been way too long! Your family is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ariane and Zane!!! Hello! I found you guys too. Kim and Suzanna were writing on facebook and the posts show on my page (they are on my friends list) Anyway email me and let's catch up!!
ava
avy99@hotmail.com