Saturday, April 12, 2014

Miami Beach

Since we thought Talmage would be discharged the following Monday, we decided we couldn't leave Miami without the whole family really enjoying the beach so that's where we headed on Saturday. When I took the kids by myself, Dallin couldn't play in the water like he wanted. Zane and I did the two morning feeds with Talmage and then we left for an afternoon of fun!

I didn't want to deal with sand in Lili's hair, so I used Gavin's swim cap on her. How cute does she look? Zane made a comment about poor Lili when I put it on her, but she got so much attention at the beach! I doubt I will get away with it when she is older. She was super tired and didn't like the chilly wind, so she and I walked along the edge of the water to keep her happy. Lots of people came up to talk to her (too bad she was grumpy) and some even asked where we got the swim cap.

There really weren't any waves to jump, but Dallin had fun non the less playing with Zane.


Gavin got in the water a little bit, but honestly, he is obsessed with sand.

Yep. Obsessed! Meet the Sand Monster.

And in case you wanted to be a sand monster with snot running down your face, the below is how you do it. I can't tell you how many times a day I ask Gavin why he did something. Why was probably one of his first words. He can never give me an answer. I really want to know what is going through his mind.

We had a great time and I'm glad we got away together!

No comments: