Sunday, March 9, 2014

I'm Back...With a Pretty Big Announcement

 Oh blog, how I have neglected you. There are so many fun times and important moments to document and yet so little time to do it. I thought I would come back to the blogging world with a pretty big announcement.


Shocked? So were we! And in case you were wondering, Lili will be 16 1/2 months. 

This is an unusual situation for us. In the past when our kids turn 12-18 months old we start thinking about getting our paperwork together to try for another baby knowing the process takes awhile. All our kids our 2 1/2 years apart. When Lili turned one, we were not thinking about paperwork. We knew another baby was meant for our family...eventually. Eventually came sooner than we planned. We were approached by a friend about her family member that wanted to place her baby for adoption. We have worked very hard to find our birthmoms in the past, so to have a situation just fall in our laps was shocking. We put together the world's fastest home study and are praying our FBI clearance comes back in time for us to head out to another state to pick up our baby boy.

In the adoption world, a couple is used to surprises that make you jump and go. We found out about Gavin the day before we left to Florida to go get him. Lili came a month early so we had to hurry and pack for a trip in another state not knowing how long we would be there. Usually, the adoptive couple has been waiting so long for a baby that we do just jump and go. We have put a lot of faith and trust in God's plan and at times felt like we were heading blindly down a path He chose for us.

This adoption feels more like my fertile friends who thought they were done at 4 kids and then surprise, a 5th one is on its way. It has taken me a little bit to get my head around the situation. I'm a control freak with plans and well a baby wasn't part of the plan right now.

But one thing I have learned over and over again with each of my kids is that God's plan is so much better than mine.

For a little I wondered if this baby was actually meant for another couple. We have two friends who have been waiting for a baby since before we got Lili. Zane and I did what we always do when we need answers. We went to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temple in our area fasting and praying. We both had the confirmation and peace we were seeking knowing we were chosen to be the parents of this child.

I'm still scared though to have kids 16 months apart plus two other kids. I hear being a mom of four kids is easier than three. We will see.

I have lots of help though. Dallin loves babies and has a special bond with them. In the below picture, I was trying to make dinner while the boys got a little TV time. When Lili started fussing to be held by me making dinner prep difficult, Dallin picked her up and cuddled with her. She loves hanging with her big brother.

 Dallin is super excited to have another little brother. He asked Santa Claus for a baby for Christmas.

 Gavin is also a super helper. Right now he and Lili are starting to play together more. Dallin sees Lili as a baby but Gavin sees her as a play mate. I hope they stay close.

And if I need more help, the house across the street is for sell and maybe I can convince my parents to move in there! :)
 
We are super excited to be a family of 6!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm ecstatic for you! In my experience there is nothing harde than two kids -- tree and four have been a crazy kind of bliss! Hooray for another Docstayer baby! (Forgive my typos -- it won't let me backspace :)

Yay!

black tag diaries said...

Woooohoooo! So exciting! And crazy, I'm sure! Looking forward to hearing more!

Unknown said...

Wonderful news! So excited for you. You'll do great and we are here to support you.

Jess said...

I'm so excites for you guys!! You will be great!

Carla said...

We are so excited for you! What an amazing surprise!