Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Celebrations

 In our family, Christmas Eve is our main Christmas celebration where we eat the big turkey dinner, play chimes, act out the Nativity story, and do present exchanges. This makes Christmas day a more low key day where we enjoy the presents, eat left overs, relax, and play games. My mom puts a lot of work into Christmas Eve and it is one of my favorite nights of the year.

We started the evening off with chimes. We played a few songs with the kids before they got bored and went outside to play.


The grownups then play more difficult music with harmonies which you can see takes a lot of concentration.


Some have to concentrate more than others!

Lili loves being with my mom. Good thing she is so light!

 After dinner my dad read the Nativity Story and the kids acted it out. 
Gavin did a great job taking care of his sheep.

Dallin was also a shepherd who probably took down some bad guys on his way to Bethlehem.

 We play a few games. During this game when you roll a double, you quickly get dressed in the winter gear then try to open the present (with the big gloves on). It is a lot of fun. Whoever can get the present open (which has been wrapped creatively) gets it!

 We also play a white elephant game except that my mom gets cool presents that we all fight over. The kids are ready to play their version.

My siblings who didn't make it out for Christmas Eve all got in on the game thanks to technology.

 My dessert. It was yummy!

Lili and Bryson got a lot of attention from their cousins. They loved it!


Christmas Day was more low key and quiet. We enjoyed our presents by going on a bike ride with the boys' new bikes. My family came out later for games. I'm really bad about taking pictures during the present opening. I rather not be behind a camera and enjoy the moment.

Lili's new ride.

Gavin giving his new hulk a hulk squeeze!

We had a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

Brandon and Jenn said...

Man, that picture of your brother and brother-in-law playing the chimes is hilarious! Love it! And it's fun to see Little Cara in the nativity. I always forget that Jess is your cousin.

Kristin said...

What great memories. I agree the faces on the chime picture are a riot. My family likes to play chimes too. I need to learn how to make my own set.