Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lili at 6 Months

May was a crazy month for us with preschool ending, the start of swim team for Dallin, and swim lessons for Gavin.  Lili was a champ through it all.  She caught naps when she could and handled the hot weather while watching the boys. At Lili's 6 month appointment she weighed in at 12 pounds 2 ounces and was 24 inches tall.  She is still under the 2nd percentile, but because she is steadily growing the doctor isn't worried. She is just a tiny girl.  Although she looks like a 3 month old, Lili acts like a 6 month old baby.  She rolls around and really likes to move. She loves her bouncy toy, grabbing onto things including blankets, your shirt, fingers or anything she can get her hands on. Lili is very popular where ever she goes because she is such a cute, sweet baby.

Lili wearing the dress my mom made me for my blessing day.

With Grandma on Mother's Day wearing the dress she made for me

Lili loves this toy and can spend a long time in it before getting bored. In this picture, she discovered the mirror and really liked looking at herself!

Lili catching a nap at a swim meet.

Ready for Memorial Day

Lili has never enjoyed toys before now because she was such a sleepy baby.  During month 6 she became alert and ready to play!
 

Hanging with her brothers.  I love watching the relationship grow between the three of them. These boys love their sister!

 Giggling Lili

Snuggling in her blanket

 Lili's "I don't want to take pictures" face

 Lili does smile, but when she sees the camera light, this is the face I get.  Still cute!


Lili had an accident this month that really scared us.  While at swim practice, I put Lili down in her car seat which was in her stroller.  I didn't buckle her in because she was a little fussy and I knew I would have to pick her up again. In the couple of seconds that I turned my back to watch Dallin swim backstroke, Gavin came over to play on the stroller (without realizing Lili was in it) and pulled the handle down.  Lili flew out of the stroller and hit the ground. The next little while was crazy emotional as I got her calm and checked out any injuries.  I am convinced that she had an angel watching over her because she had no bumps and didn't suffer at all from the fall.  I on the other hand was an emotional wreck the whole night.  That incident on top of getting the news from our lawyer that Lili's adoption finalization was getting pushed back a few months because of a problem (a long story but hopefully everything will get worked out for us to finalize in a few months) was a lot to handle without a flood of tears! We feel very blessed that our little girl is healthy and doing so well.

2 comments:

Jared and Kari said...

Oh my, she is the cutest little thing! I just want to squeeze her! Can't wait till I get to hold her again. LOVE the "I don't want to take pictures" face! And SO glad to hear that she is ok after her accident!

Kristin said...

She has such beautiful eyes. Baylie was just days old when I fell asleep while feeding her in our bed and dropped her off the edge of the bed. I was sure that I had either killed or brain damaged her after waiting so long to have her. Of course, she was fine! What's happening with your adoption? Is everything okay? That is my worst nightmare.