Sunday, July 14, 2013

Date with Grandma

 I'm not sure how it started. Maybe my mom has always had a secret desire to go to Build A Bear and so when the oldest grandchild turned three, she used this as an excuse to go.  Or maybe my mom feels that turning three is a really big deal. Whatever the reason, the three year old birthday has become extra special because you get a date with Grandma at Build A Bear. My parents are spoiled and have many of their grandchildren living close by. This makes it hard for each grandchild though to have one-on-one time. This makes it all the more special to have Grandma pick you up and only you and take you to somewhere mom hasn't taken you to (Build a Bear), then you get to go to the pet store, then lunch, and finally a ride a the carousal. What a fun date!

In these pictures, Gavin doesn't look super excited. I suspect he was a little overwhelmed/confused with everything.

Picking out his doggy. 

 My mom said that Gavin didn't get the heart thing at first. My mom helped him rub the heart on his heart so it will be full of love, on his head so that it would be smart etc. Then Gavin caught on and picked another heart and did it himself. He would have kept going with more hearts, but my mom stopped him. His doggy has extra love because he has two hearts.

 



Gavin loves his doggy Spot and takes great care of him.

 Gavin picked out a stuffed dog because he really, really loves dogs and would be the happiest boy if we brought one home. (Sorry buddy)
I told my mom to skip the lunch thing since my super picky eater wouldn't eat it. Gavin does like walking around the food court and getting samples. Apparently a piece of chicken on a toothpick is yummy but not on your plate. After getting his "lunch", he enjoyed a ride on the Carousel (my mom said he enjoyed it at least...).

I'm so glad Gavin got this special time with Grandma. He had a great time and felt so special! Thanks Grandma!

No comments: