Friday, December 23, 2011

Remembering that Special Day

Some of my favorite moments from December 23rd, 2010 were sitting in the backseat between my two boys and Dallin singing, "I love to see the temple.  I'll go inside someday.  I'll covenant with my Father; I promise to obey.  For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together.  As a child of God I've learned this truth: A family is forever."  (He may not have gotten everyone of these words, but I was so touched that he broke out singing this song showing he understood where our family was going.)

I remember walking into the temple with Zane holding Gavin and then Zane and I holding Dallin's hands between us.  I cried on the way to the temple, and as we walked in, I cried some more.

I loved watching my mom walk in holding Dallin's hands all dressed in white and my dad holding Gavin in his arms dressed in his special white outfit looking like an angel.

I remember feeling peace and so much love for my little family during the ceremony.  I loved having all our friends and family members there to support us.



Gavin has brought so much joy to our family.  I'm so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who brought our family together, for a wonderful, courageous birthmom who placed her son into our family, and that we were able to go to the temple to have Gavin become part of our forever family.

No comments: