Thursday, January 13, 2011

Playing Together

They entertain each other and I love it!!!

For me, having just one child was harder in many ways because Dallin always needed me to entertain him. He still needs that although he is getting better at playing with his cars by himself. Gavin though is completely happy to look at Dallin, play with Dallin's toys, laugh at Dallin, and just play with Dallin. Dallin is thrilled that someone thinks he is so funny and is such an admiring fan. It is wonderful.

When Gavin is crying, all I have to do is ask Dallin to go make him happy. Dallin is thrilled to make silly noises, growl like a lion, and even do a high pitch screech that hurts the rest of our ears. Gavin laughs and encourages him.

Gavin is really into touching everything. It cracks me up when Dallin tells me that Gavin pulled his hair, "hit" him etc. I've tried to explain that Gavin is just a baby and doesn't know what his hands are doing, but that doesn't work. So now I tell Gavin to please keep his hands to himself and to say sorry to Dallin. Dallin usually gives him a kiss then so everything is all better.

Where ever I put Gavin, Dallin will soon come seek him out and join in the fun. So when Gavin was put in the pack N play to play while I cooked dinner, Dallin jumped in with the Banshee and I cooked dinner without the usual crying in the background. Wonderful.

I love when Dallin asks where Gavin is and gets frustrated that is sleeping again. I love when Gavin is crying and Dallin tells him, "It's ok. I'm right here." I love that Gavin is rarely fussy or bored in the car. He just watches Dallin make funny faces at him. I love that Gavin is so tough. He apparently loves having Dallin head bunt his stomach. It seems counter productive to ask Dallin to be softer when Gavin is laughing so hard. I love when Dallin gives Gavin kisses and tells Gavin he is his best friend.

Having two boys is wonderful! How I hope they still are best friends when they are teenagers.

1 comment:

Matt and Haley said...

Love it! They are so cute together.