Monday, June 21, 2010

Going to the Beach

Our stay-cation continued at the beach. This is the first time we took advantage of living so close to the beach. We had so much fun that we will definitely be taking more trips down. Dallin especially loved everything about it. We don't have the prettiest water, but it is warm and enjoyable to play in.

Dallin started off by wearing his floaties because he is so crazy in water, you never know what will happen.

After awhile, we took the floaties off and ventured out together to jump the waves. This was our favorite part. Lately I have been saying things about "My boys" in reference to Zane and Dallin like I love my boys etc. While we were jumping waves, Dallin would keep one arm around Zane and then grab onto me hugging us both. He would then say "My boys" as he hugged us. He wouldn't listen to me when I told him I was a girl. Who cares anyway. When he hugs us both and calls us "My boys," my heart warms right up.

A group of teenage boys gathered up all these hermit crabs. You can't tell from the picture, but they probably had 100 crabs in this pool of water. Dallin thought it was sooo cool!

Dallin also loved the sand. This is their attempt at a sand castle. Zane made the moat and started on the castle, but Dallin really just loves to knock things over. They didn't get very far. We did spend a good 15-20 minutes making mud balls to give to Dallin so that he could run over to the ocean and throw them in. Destruction and throwing, two of Dallin's favorites.

We will definitely be coming back soon!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

So much fun!! That looks like you guys had a great day!! It makes me think I want to go...until I actually go outside! Dallin is so darn cute. I just love his joie de vivre!!

PS Did Dallin eat any sand?