Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One of Those Shopping Trips

Most moms will agree, the less shopping with kids, the better. Every mom knows these important rules: the time of day is everything, limit the number of stores you go to in one trip, stroller or shopping cart for containment is usually necessary, and bring lots of snacks! These rules are especially important for Dallin. Although he is a sweetheart, angel isn't his middle name (what two year old boy is?)

Yesterday we broke all the rules. We left the house at 4:00 (morning is always better), didn't grab the stroller, and hit four stores. I have never had a more enjoyable shopping trip though with Dallin. We went shopping in an area where there are many stores close together, so I decided to park in the middle and brave the heat by walking to each (before you get too impressed, I figured out it would take less energy on my part to walk then get Dallin in and out of the car just for a few seconds of air condition...tough call though.) Dallin held my hand the entire time, said good morning to everyone he passed (we say good morning to everyone during our morning runs, so he thinks this is the greeting for all times of the day), and Dallin got to pick out his own PJ's. He was so proud of his choices that he showed everyone in the store his PJ's and told them about the dinosaur and monkey on them. I had multiple comments from people about how cute my son is which of course I love hearing. (By the way, last night he asked to wear his doggy pajamas which of course is the one he didn't choose at the store. I was amazed he remembered though.) He carried his pajama bag to every other store. Even though you could tell he was tired at the end, he wanted to keep carrying his bag. We hit four stores very quickly and Dallin got to swipe my card and push lots of buttons. All and all a great trip and best of all, happy mommy and son... and a lot accomplished.

1 comment:

Matt and Haley said...

I love that little boy!