Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Cockroach

Along with the heat comes the bugs. I have never seen such big mosquitoes. They showed up the second week after the hurricane and made being outside miserable (actually they were inside our home too since the windows and doors were open so much.) We couldn't even run on our bike path because they were everywhere! Unfortunately, a cockroach also made it into my house. One night as I was reading in bed by flashlight, a cockroach flew onto my chest then flew away. I screamed of course and told Zane to find and kill it. This is very hard to do in the dark with only a flashlight to provide light. I spent a very miserable night with covers up to my chin and sweating to death because I was afraid of bugs crawling on me while I slept.

The next day as I was cleaning the bathroom, I found the cockroach in my bathtub. I'm not quite sure what happened, but all my anger and frustration from the situation was taken out on that cockroach. Dallin stared and then started crying as he watched his mom turn psycho as I tortured and killed the cockroach. Needless to say, that cockroach did not bother us again.

There is no picture of this which is probably a good thing. I'm not sure I wanted to see what I looked like as I went crazy.

No comments: