Monday, August 18, 2008

Zane's Sacrifice


As many people know, Zane spent many hours studying and taking the CPA test over the last few years. It was rough on him as he was busy with work, church, and dealing with an emotional wife doing infertility treatments (adding extra girl hormones never helps anyone's stress level.) It was hard to find time to study. At the end of last year, I joked with Zane that I would buy him the truck he really wants, a Toyota Tacoma when he passed the CPA test. Our friends Steve and Jenny just bought one and seeing theirs made Zane want one even more. Well, Zane found out he passed the CPA the same week Dallin joined us and I quit my job. Zane, being the accountant and smart guy that he is, could see his dream truck being postponed for a long time with our new addition and less income. We both knew we needed a new car and the nicer, safer car needed to be a family car. He started trying to convince me that the Tacoma could work as the family car. He enlisted Jenny and Steve's help in convincing me, but after a lot of debate, we both agreed it wasn't as practical. This last weekend, we said goodbye to one of our Corollas and bought a 2006 Toyota Highlander. We didn't actually plan on buying a car on Saturday, but we both loved it when we went to look at it, so it came home with us. Dallin loves it because he has more room and can get in and out easier (ok, I love it for these reasons.) So now, no one can make fun of us anymore for owning two Corollas. We have now branched out a bit. Thank you Zane for sacrificing a little longer and letting me drive the newer car! Dallin and I love you!

3 comments:

Matt and Haley said...

I can't wait to ride in it!

tblattman said...

Good for you guys, you deserve it. Ariane must really know how to influence Zane, (we know what a what a cheap skate he is, he won't even send out Thank you cards) otherwise Dallin would have driven that corolla to college (maybe he'll get the other one). By the way, Congratulations Zane on passing your CPA!!!

Dawn said...

You don't waste anytime. You think about a bigger car and you come home with one. How fun! I was surprised when I looked at your house on Sun or Mon and saw it parked in your garage. Good for you guys!