Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Forever


Although finalization was fun, it has been the sealing that we have been looking forward to for so long. In our eyes, Dallin has always been ours and now the courts agree. The important event was to make him ours forever. Dallin was sealed to Zane and I on Saturday, August 23rd at 4:00 p.m. The day was everything I had been looking forward to. Zane and I arrived at the temple right at 3:00. My mom was already there dressed in white to take care of Dallin for us in the nursery while Zane and I filled out paper work. My mom dressed him in his white romper that we made Dallin (it had a vest and bowtie). He wore this for the sealing and his blessing.

While they were in the nursery, Zane and I were in the Celestial room waiting. Finally they brought us into the sealing room. When I saw everyone there, I started crying. We had so many people fly in from Utah to support us. My crying started to get a little out of control (noisy in such a quiet room) so luckily my brother came over and made me laugh. Jared is always great for a laugh. Finally my mom walked in carrying Dallin. Dallin looked so precious in his little outfit. He was as happy as could be looking around the room. He especially thought the chandelier was cool. Patriarch Sutton was our sealer. He also sealed Zane and I when we were married. Zane and I kneeled across the alter and my mom held Dallin by us and put his hand on top of ours. Normally babies cry at this point, but not Dallin. He was an angel. Dallin was then sealed to us for all eternity.

All of our family joined us at my mom's house after taking pictures in the hot Houston heat where we had Olive Garden cater food. My friend Sylvia asked me which I would prefer, a delivery room or a sealing room. I would have to say a sealing room. The experience was a culmination of all our hopes and dreams for the 6 and a half years that we have been married. No wonder there was so many tears. The sealing represented what is so precious to us, family forever.
Family and friends at the temple


Close up

Grandma and Grandpa with us


Family picture outside of the temple

7 comments:

Matt and Haley said...

That last picture is so precious!

Sarah said...

I am so happy for you! I wish we could have been there to share the special day with you! Congratulations!

Sarah (Skolmoski) Erickson

eden and david said...

congrats! what an awesome experience. im so happy for your family

Melissa Turner said...

What a special day. We are so happy for you. That last picture of your family is very nice it looks like a professional photographer took it.

Michelle said...

I didn't even know you had a blog until just now! Congratulations to all of you, what a handsome little man. I read your blog all the back to the beginning and have to admit a cried quite a few times. I just love it! Now if we can just all get together and introduce the little ones.

Shels said...

I am so happy for your little family! It was great getting to see you. Good luck!

Amy said...

Ariane, I just got the link to your blog from your sister's. I'm so glad to hear all your wonderful news. (You actually had me in tears here.) Congratulations!