Saturday, November 15, 2014

Best Buddies

 When Lili was around 9 months old, we got a call from my friend asking us if we would consider adopting another baby. The phone call shocked me for many reasons. I was surprised because a baby has never fell into our laps but mostly because we weren't even thinking about another adoption yet. We knew we would try for one more eventually, but the three kids were keeping me plenty busy at the moment. Zane and I would joke all the time that if this adoption really happened, my mom would need to move in across the street so that I had tons of help. We worried that Lili would be jealous and angry and I think Zane worried about my sanity.

We have learned this lesson over and over in our lives, but God really does have the best plans. When Talmage first came home, it was really hard and we were exhausted but Lili handled everything just fine. There were times when both of them were crying because they both needed something and I got use to carrying two babies (thank goodness they are both so light), but each month gets easier as they both get older.

Their friendship is also growing as they get older. I love watching these two together. When Lili sees Talmage she starts saying Boo to him like Peek a Boo. Talmage just has to look at her and starts giggling. If Talmage is sad, I just need to put him by Lili and all is good again. Their relationship is so fun to watch and I imagine it is just going to get even better.



Lili loves to climb into Talmage's bed. She really likes his mobile and if Talmage is crying, she is happy to give him his paci thinking he must like it as much as she likes hers.

Lili is super patient with Talmage even when he rolls on her. He will also pull on her hair at times and she just moves his hand away.



There is something special between these two.

1 comment:

Rhonda S. said...

Dear Ariane, I haven't checked your blog in way too long so it has been a delight to catch up with your family. When I saw these pictures of T and L I had to comment on the sweetness of this tender relationship. I am so glad for you and them! I love that you don't sugarcoat the challenges and joys of motherhood. You and Zane are a great partnership in this endeavor and very well equipped to do what is best. I am so proud of you. Parenthood is the toughest thing and just when you think you are figuring it out, someone changes the rules. :) it's all part of everyone's growth. Thank you so much for sharing so generously. Love, Rhonda