Sunday, October 7, 2012

What Have We Been Up To?

I took a blogging break.  Not on purpose.  Life got busy and something had to give.  Here is what has been occupying my time...

Preschool, preschool, and more preschool!  My sister is the best sister ever and shared her lesson plans with me from her year last year (with the hope that I make them even better although she has done a great job on her own.)  Even with those plans, preschool still takes up a lot of my time especially the first month getting things up and running.

 In September we learned all about ourselves and healthy eating.  On the day we learned about the dairy group, we pretended to milk a cow.  Dallin loved it!

We took a field trip to a grocery store where we were given a tour with our tour leader showing us healthy and unhealthy options.  We also got to meet Larry the lobster.

Dallin has also started soccer.  A friend decided that there was enough 4-6 year olds in our area to start our own teams with dads coaching keeping the cost way down!  We have four teams playing each other once a week.  Dallin is having a great time and I love how much running he does!  Dallin does pretty well chasing after the ball, but there are still times when he stops and picks up a stick to start digging or sees a butterfly...

It seems that once a week I find myself at the Waterway by our library.  I pick up a lot of books at the library for preschool and we usually have friends with us on those days, so instead of spending time in the library (four boys sitting quietly in the library with two of them two years old...not likely) we head out to run along the waterway, eat a picnic lunch, feed the ducks/fish/turtles, and read our library books outside.  

 These turtles loved our bread!

Zane and I have been busy on the weekends finishing up house projects.  When we got new tile in our bathrooms, I decided I didn't like the paint color anymore.  This led to a painting project, shopping for new rugs and wall hangings, and then new lighting for the room.  At the beginning of summer I had decided it was time to move for lots of reasons but one being I was ready for something new.  Instead, we redid so much in our house this summer that it feels like we are in a new house and I love it!  Amazing what a coat of paint and new floors can do.

So we are alive, doing well, and very busy! 

No comments: