Monday, August 6, 2012

Not So Angelic...

We have been working on potty training with Gavin all summer.  He has it down he just needs to learn to hold it longer.  Two days this week he was dry all day long.  I thought we had it down for good...until today.  Gavin had more than a couple of accidents today.  In fact the only time he did tell us he needed to go was for number 2.  What a strange kid.

Gavin likes playing with other kids now.  He just doesn't know how.  He likes to chase his cousin around who hates that.  He will hit Dallin's friends with cars I think to get their attention since when a friend is over, Gavin is getting left out.  He will also pick on kids smaller than him.  Dallin went through this phase and it lasted a long time, but with Gavin, it is different.  I realize I haven't been as good about putting him in time out.  There is just something about Gavin that keeps you from getting mad at him.  Or maybe he just has me wrapped around his fingers!

Last Friday night we put him to bed with Gavin knowing that his cousins were still up playing with Dallin.  He was pretty mad about that and kept saying things like asking for milk or that he needs to go potty.  Gavin is like the boy who cried wolf and says he needs to go potty every time he wants to get out of his crib, high chair etc.  When we went to check on him before we went to bed, I couldn't believe what I saw.  Gavin cured happily up in a ball with his bear bottom exposed for all to see.  His diaper and pants were discarded to the side.  Of course picking him up, he was wet all over and content to sleep in his pee.  As I changed him, I asked him why his diaper was off.  He just smiled and said diaper.  I'm sure he was thinking, "I showed you mom.  Next time you will think again about putting me to bed when everyone else is playing."

Gavin was happy to sleep in his pack and play and gave me the sweetest kiss before going to sleep.  See how hard it is to get mad at him!

2 comments:

Kara Shurtliff said...

You obviously weren't talking about Ellery when you said his cousin hates it when Gavin chases him, because E would LOVE Gavin to chase her haha. And Gavin WAS an angel with Ellery, and she's smaller! I think you're making this whole post up : P haha

Kristin said...

I am a potty training failure. Baylie is 4 and today for some odd reason she peed her pants. She's been trained for a year. I haven't even really started with Jalen yet.