Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer

Vacation is the perfect time to have lazy days.  You can only handle so much sun and water before it is time to come in and relax.  Honestly the adults were wishing the kids wanted to relax more since we definitely all wanted a nap every day but that was wishful thinking.  One of my kids woke up between 6 and 6:30 a.m. every day and then woke the other one up.  Zane and I took turns getting up with them and heading outside on the porch to keep the noise down so that others could keep sleeping.  There is only so much you can do to keep the noise down though...

If your up early, you might as well exercise.  I brought Insanity which wasn't so relaxing, but when you eat like we eat on vacation, you have to do Insanity to not gain 15 pounds!  The workout was worth it though to enjoy so much yummy food!

There was plenty to entertain the kids when we were staying in especially since Lindsey brought her dog.  The cabin we stayed at also had a wrap around porch that seem made for little boys to run around and around it.  To have that much energy...

Dog toy or baby toy?

When my family gets together, we have lots and lots of game playing...including the kids!


IPads also help with entertainment.  Even a two year old can figure it out.

When the kids are finally in bed (and believe me they were in bed as soon as we could justify it),  games really got underway.  We play a variety of games, but one of the best ones had a round of charades with it.  This always brings plenty of laughter especially if my dad is involved.

I'm not sure I have any room to talk though!
Game playing and late night talking is probably my favorite part of vacation.  If I could just add sleeping in, it would be perfect!

No comments: