Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Agape is a Greek word for a particular type of love.  Agape’ love is love that is based upon principle and is, by far, the noblest type of love. Agape’ love is unselfish and is more than just an emotional response.  Briana Marie




I spend Mother's Day weekend thinking about my birthmom's with my heart filled with so much gratitude.  I always think about these special women in our lives, but on Mother's Day my heart is even fuller.  This morning I put on my special mommy bracelet that both Keslie (Dallin's birthmom) and I have.  A friend made one for each of us with Dallin's birthstone on it.  I feel a little closer to her when I wear it (Dallin's birthmom passed away a few years ago.) I hugged my boys and tried to smother them with kisses; they will get more throughout the day.  I became emotional during the musical number at church when all the Primary age kids got up to sing and for the first time, Dallin was up there singing to me.  I have the rest of the day where my husband and kids will honor me... but I want to honor my birthmoms.  I wouldn't have this awesome responsibility, experience the hugs and kisses, the funny moments and hair pulling frustrating moments without these two women.  They made me a mom. They changed my life.

Kelsie and Tracy- I honor you. You are our heroes, our angels sent straight from heaven.  We love you.  Thank you for sharing your boys.

No comments: