Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vacationing at the Lazy L Ranch

My favorite type of vacation:
Great Company: vacationing with my family (everyone came but my little sister Lindsey who was honeymooning with her new husband Derrick. We are glad they chose not to honeymoon with us!)
Relaxing: With extra people around and cousins for the boys to play with, the parents actually got to relax a little. I even picked up a book for the first time in forever.
Playing games: Ticket to Ride and Dominion were the two favorites. We love to play late into the night.
Great Conversation: I love being able to relax and catch up late into the night.

The Lazy L Ranch offered it all. We went swimming twice a day, the big cousins loved playing constantly or watching movies together, and the adults enjoyed playing games. The little cousins (Gavin has two cousins all born within 5 months of each other) loved the adventure of crawling around a new place and causing mischief.

The only downfall to vacation is sleeping. We had a couple of rough nights of boys waking us up during the night, but we also caught some naps during the day.

Swimming with everyone (Gavin was taking a nap)

Dallin loved playing with Caleb's snakes. There seemed to be a lot of toy snakes laying around the house. I seemed to find all of them during the middle of the night which led to a couple of screams.




On a side note, before we left, my friend mentioned that I'm always prepared which is why it takes me so long to pack. We packed quickly for this trip because my sister got married on Saturday and we left Sunday after church for our trip. On the way out I grabbed the Clorox wipes and infant ibuprofen which both came in handy multiple times. I wished I remembered to grab my pants and one more pair of clothes for Dallin. I packed clothes from the folded laundry, but forgot to go into Dallin's and my closet to grab the rest. Needless to say I wore my exercise clothes every day which was fine because we didn't exercise at all. Dallin kept his clothes pretty clean, so he wore an outfit twice.

We had a great trip and I'm glad we fit it in. I think it was rough on my mom who helped plan girl's camp this summer, the Youth Conference trip to Nauvoo (I think she really planned this mostly on her own), and a daughter's wedding. She did get to relax a little and we all enjoyed spending time with my little brother and his wife who were visiting from Utah. It was also great to have one last vacation with Jared and Kari who are taking off on an adventure overseas for two years.

No comments: