Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Mater Cake

These boys sure enjoyed helping decorate the cake. Dallin was very proud to tell everyone that he was going to have a Mater cake. He also kept saying he wanted to eat a piece with the teeth (the teeth were gum). We decorated it Friday night when Zane could be home to help. I'm glad he was there because the plans I had in my head for the construction wouldn't have worked well. His brain can just design and construct things better than mine. It was a group effort on this one. The only thing I would have done different was add more frosting. It was super yummy.


I meant to pipe Tow Mater on the side on Saturday before the party and then hang a sign as the hook in back saying Happy Birthday Dallin, but I totally forgot about it as I was preparing for Dallin's party. Dallin didn't care though.

Happy Birthday Dallin!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Oh! my goodness!!! That turned out SOOO great! I love it! I'll bet it was yummy, too!

Sarah said...

Super Cute! My 3 1/2 year old is into McQueen & Mater as well. He can't get enough! The cake turned out AWESOME!!