Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mommy and Me time

For some reason, having two children now doesn't mean double laundry, it means triple or quadruple the laundry. I'm lucky if I get the boys down for naps at the same time so that I can get some me time, but most days that is just wishful thinking. The house seems messier and as a family we just seem busier. For some reason, leaving the house to go run errands or to get anywhere seems to take twice or three times as long. Not all of it is to do with having two children, but we definitely have had an adjustment (a very good adjustment though).

I keep thinking that Dallin is adjusting just fine to the addition of a baby brother. He didn't regress in potty training (he is a champ at this) or in any other areas. He loves giving Gavin attention and is really cute with him. But...lately I noticed more and more there is some jealousy of having to share mommy's time. This week I especially saw it when I'm giving Gavin more time with his breathing treatments.

Tonight I put Gavin down to bed, ignored the dishes and clothes waiting to be folded and played with these.


Mater and McQueen raced around the house sometimes crashing, sometimes running from the Ghostlight (Dallin's favorite), and sometimes flying. Then instead of reading two stories before bed, we read four. At the end of the first book, the little boy hugs and kisses his mom. The next thing I knew I had a little boy hugging me tight and giving me one of his really yucky kisses. (Dallin calls all kisses yucky and if he gives a really good, long kiss on the cheek, then he tells us it was yucky.) What a reward and definitely well worth my time.

1 comment:

Me said...

I feel like I'm doing laundry all of the time. It's crazy! You have a beautiful family! Love the photos!