Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Welcome Carter

Dallin loves his new cousin Carter. He constantly says his name now and ask if he is sleeping.
My sister Haley had Carter on March 30 at 10:15. March 30 is also Haley's birthday, so they were trying to keep him in a little longer, but Carter really wanted to see the world. Ironically, I was in the hospital parking lot when he was born. My sister and her husband were in such a rush to get to the hospital, that they left some papers at home that they thought they needed. I took them to the hospital, and the next thing I knew, I was in the delivery room watching Haley in labor. Carter was coming fast, so there was no time to give Haley an Epidural. I was mesmerized as I watched her. I had never seen anyone in labor and was so proud of her. I wanted to say good job or something, but I realized there was probably a reason her husband was talking to the doctor and not Haley. I was only in the room for a couple of minutes when the doctor told Haley to turn on her back because it was time to push. I decided that was my cue to leave. Haley was in the hospital for an hour before she had Carter. Both Haley and baby Carter are doing well although very sleep deprived.

No comments: