Thursday, April 16, 2009

Proud to be an American


We (Haley and Caleb also joined our family) went to our first "protest" last night as we joined other people at a Tea Party. It felt like more of a rally then a protest. Everyone was very neighborly as we cheered, clapped, and booed along with the speakers. We got there a little late because of all the traffic, but I guess that's good because that meant a lot of people showed up. I got several comments about how I was raising Dallin right. I hope I am raising him right and that he learns the importance of living within his means and working hard in life instead of expecting a free handout. I also hope he understands what a great nation we live in, how lucky we are to have the freedoms we enjoy, our responsibility to protect our nation and those freedoms, and that he should always stand up for what he believes in.

Fighting over who gets the privilege of holding the sign.





Dallin trying to escape. He enjoyed running around and "talking" to all the people and petting their dogs!

It was great to be a part of something that felt so patriotic. There were so many funny signs and just a great spirit as a community joined together expressing their opinions. I have to just add that I love being a Texan and living by so many great people!

3 comments:

Brigette Little said...

Wasn't it awesome?!

Steve and Jen said...

Send them tea!
I'm proud to be an american too! :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.