Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wake Up Call


Every morning between 7 and 7:30 a.m. I get my wake up call. I hear the sweetest noises from my baby monitor. First there is the babbling of da da, da da, then the thumping starts of little feet pounding on the mattress, then the jumping starts and finally the lullaby music being turned on and off all with babbling happy sounds in the background.


Dallin is the happiest baby when he wakes up. He also loves playing in his crib especially since he learned to stand, which for Dallin means jumping, and how to push the button on his rain forest to make the monkey swing back and forth and play music. He is content to play in his crib for at least a half hour before he lets me know he really is up and come and get me right now mom! When I walk into his room with his bottle and singing his good morning song, I get the biggest smile ever from him. He is the best alarm clock I have ever had. (His crib is covered in blankets because Dallin started chewing on his crib so I had to cover up all the wood. I promise; it is all very safe. I know you can buy something to put on the crib to protect it, but the blankets were more cost effective!)

2 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

So sweet, he just keeps growing and growing! I love it! So now he's a chewer huh? Way to protect that beautiful crib! Sing him a song for me!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Dallin is such a cutie!! That is such a great way to wake up in the morning. Jacob chewed up our crib as well - I don't know what it is that makes cribs seem like chewing sticks!!