Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Toddlers

I found this in my favorite baby book, The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems.
The Eight Rules of Toddler Play- anonymous
1. If I like it--it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand--it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you--it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago--it's mine.
5. If it's mine it must never appear to be yours in any way, shape, or form!
6. If I am doing or building something--all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks like mine--it's mine.
8. If I think it's mine--it's mine.

Dallin is starting in this toddler stage. Mostly right now, he is the victim of his two cousins who are definitely in this stage. His toys are always getting taken away from him but amazing enough he still thinks his cousins are the coolest and will follow them wherever they go. I'm sure to them, especially Drew who is a couple of years older, Dallin is the little pest who keeps getting into his stuff!
This picture is of cousin Caleb trying to get into the walker that Dallin is enjoying. Caleb hasn't played in this walker for a long time since he learned to walk early, but now that Dallin is enjoying it, he realizes there must be something fun about it! Dallin doesn't seem to mind though that Caleb has one of his legs in the same hole as Dallin and is squishing him.

(He isn't crying in this picture; he always squints when he sees a flash of a camera.)



Ahh the fun toddler stage!

Another funny story:

Dallin played at cousin Drew's house tonight and somehow pulled on the table cloth that Drew's toys were on knocking all his toys to the ground. Drew (3 years old) turns to Dallin and says, "No Dallin no! Time out. Go to time out!" Poor boys. Dallin doesn't understand what Drew is yelling about and Drew doesn't understand why this pesty boy keeps messing up his toys. Kari and I, well we just laugh!


6 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love it! This is such a fun age and stage. There are so many things that can be so frustrating but SO many things that will bring you smiles for years to come. I'm glad you are blogging them so they don't vanish as ethereal memories!!!

Dallin is so adorable. How does he keep getting more so all the time!?!

Those pictures with Caleb are too funny!

Brigette Little said...

Gotta love it! I love the book excerpt - so true!

simple mom/wife said...

I wish I could get away with just saying . . . Mine. We all have that moment once, don't we? I just love that these kiddos never get the age concept for quite some time. We all grow up sooner or later, right? Dallin is adorable! I especially love his squint!

Steve and Jen said...

Cute boys and cute stories! Love the post!

James, Cameo, Jacob, & Eli said...

Very cute!!

Matt and Haley said...

It looks bad that I'm just sitting there in the background (2nd picture) just laughing at my son trying to take over your son's toy! It really was so cute & funny though. What are cousins for?