Friday, October 28, 2011

The Sweeter Side

 He's silly

 And sometimes scary

I'm amazed that he hasn't broken a bone yet with all his jumping and flipping.  He plays with cars sometimes, but his favorite activity is running and jumping.  He also has a reputation of being high energy and as a result, a harder kid to teach.

Dallin has a very sweet side though.  This is the side that Zane and I get to see so often, and we love it.

Here are some of our conversations:
D: "I love you to the moon and back."
Me: "I love you to the sun and back."
D: "I love you to the milk (any object that he sees) and back"

D: "Gavin is my boy.  Call Gavin my boy because he is my boy."

The I love yous and hugs and kisses can go on for awhile whenever he is saying goodbye or good night.  If I try to walk out of the house by blowing him a kiss instead of giving him a kiss, he will run after me saying he needs a kiss.

Situation: Gavin is in his high chair and starts crying.  I'm in the other room getting ready.  Dallin is on the couch watching TV.  I come into the kitchen to see why Gavin is crying and he has stopped and now playing with a toy.

M: "Dallin, how did Gavin get this toy?"
D:  "Gavin was crying and I wanted to make him happy." 

Dallin is a really good brother.  He has his too rough moments, but he loves his baby brother.

D: "Gavin is my favorite brother."
M: "He is your only brother.  Do you want another brother?"
D:  "I want a baby sister then two more Gavin's."

Dallin loves to pick flowers for me.  The rule is he only picks flowers he finds in the grass.  Once he picked a dandelion for me and a dead one for my grandma.  I don't think my grandma knew what to say.

Lastly, Dallin loves to tell me that I'm pretty especially when I'm wearing a dress.  He is great for my self esteem.

I'm glad we have both sides of Dallin, the super fun boy and the sweet boy.

1 comment:

Jared and Kari said...

I love Dallin! And the T-Rex picture made me laugh out loud! Miss you guys!