Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Start of Another Year

Preschool is officially up and running smooth!  Last year I taught with my sister in her home.  We both learned a lot and enjoyed two of us prepping as new teachers.  This year I am on my own teaching in my house a group of boys Dallin's age while my sister continues teaching our students from last year (these kids are a year ahead of Dallin).  I have a great group of four boys (including Dallin) who are full of energy and all get along great.  I was very apprehensive about this year because last year Dallin had a very, very hard time with school.  I was so pleased the first day of school to see Dallin sitting on his carpet and participating in class.  He has been wonderful!  I think a year's maturity, teaching in our own home, a small class, and teaching on his level all really make a difference.  Both of us are loving preschool days!

Gavin is also doing well.  He takes one nap during preschool, enjoys snack time and recess time with the boys, and plays with toys in the "cage."  He loves the attention and gets very excited to see all the friends coming over.

Here's to a great school year!

No comments: