Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Two Minutes

Dallin has moved out of his nursery and into his big boy car bed. At first we kept the bed in the nursery because we were worried about kicking him out of his bed and room, but after a few days, Dallin wanted to move into his new room too. Gavin hasn't moved into the nursery yet, but so far, Dallin is having no problems with knowing that his old room is Gavin's room now.

The best part of moving Dallin into a toddler bed is being able to lay down next to him. We give him "two minutes" where we lay with him making up stories, singing songs, or being really goofy (if daddy is the one giving two minutes.) Dallin constantly is asking for two minutes now not understanding how long two minutes really is.

Last week Dallin informed me he didn't want me to give him two minutes for his nap time. He wanted Gavin. Gavin was sound asleep, so I said yes and let Gavin sleep with Dallin. I listened in the hallway to Dallin singing songs, sharing toys and blankies, and trying to make Gavin comfortable. After about five minutes, I realized Dallin was never going to sleep because he was too busy entertaining Gavin. I had to take Gavin away and listen to Dallin's cries for his brother. I love, love watching Dallin with Gavin (except when Dallin picked up Gavin and walked across the room to give him to me.)

No comments: